October is the month of Breast Cancer awareness, this month is a chance to raise awareness about the importance of early detection of breast cancer.
FACTS RELATED TO BREAST CANCER
- 1 in 8 women has the risk to be diagnosed with breast cancer. And 1 in 1,000 men will be diagnosed with a lifetime risk of breast cancer.
- Every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer. And every 13 minutes a woman in the United States of America dies of breast cancer.
- Average new cases of breast cancer each year is 232,000. Of which, 10% are women under 45 years of age.
- Exercise regularly
- Annual Mammogram
- Eating Healthy
- Maintain Healthy weight
- Limit alcoholic drinks to 1/day or less
- Know the risk of using hormone replacement therapy/ birth control
- You can also opt for self-examination of breasts. (Note: The breast self-exam technique is not always a reliable way to detect breast cancer, but many women reported that their first breast cancer signs thru self-detection.)
» Alcohol intake/tobacco
» Unhealthy diet
» Gene mutation
» Early menstruation/late menopause
» Hormone replacement therapy after menopause
» Prolonged use of oral contraceptives
» Family history
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. TV Punjab does not claim responsibility for this information.