OTTAWA, OCTOBER 13: Canadians and permanent residents who wish to sponsor their parents and grandparents to come to Canada can now submit an interest to sponsor form online, according to press communique released by the government.
The interest to sponsor form is now available on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website for the next 3 weeks, until 12 p.m. EST on November 3, 2020.
Accommodation is available to persons with disabilities who are unable to use the online form. You can request the interest to sponsor form in an alternative format (paper copy, Braille or large print) by contacting the IRCC Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100, or by email until November 3, 2020.
Here’s what you need to know if you’re interested in sponsoring your parents or grandparents:
- The interest to sponsor form is not an application.
- The form is a way to inform IRCC you are interested in sponsoring your parents or grandparents.
- As a potential sponsor, you need to ensure that you are eligible to sponsor before you submit an interest to sponsor form. This includes making sure that you meet the minimum necessary income requirements.
- Submitting the form more than once will not increase your chances of being invited to apply. All duplicate submissions will be removed.
- If you make a mistake on your submission, please do not submit a new one. Instructions on what to do if you make a mistake on your submission can be found on IRCC’s website.
- When you successfully submit an interest to sponsor form, you will receive a confirmation number. Please keep this number for your records.
Once IRCC has reviewed the submissions and removed duplicates, potential sponsors will be randomly selected and will be invited via email to submit an application, said the media release.